I'm awful for being a "first impression" kinda gal.
I used to walk into a restaurant and instantly decide yay or nay.
But Farmer Browns has changed me. A little bit. My first impression was "oh, church benches instead of seats". But they turned out to be ok.
My second impression was "oh, trying to hard to be a bit hipstery with the interior". But after a few minutes, I was becoming quite taken with it.
Food ordered, I waited for the forthcoming Benny-fest. I wasn't to be disappointed.
Out they came on a bed of doorstep white toast, a lovely looking piece of ham and some silky looking hollandaise sauce. As I tucked in, the yolks were perfectly runny and the hint of mint in the sauce was, well..... Pretty darn tasty.
Washed down with a nice cup of tea (and I like my tea), it was an altogether tasty brunch which cleared a raging hangover.
My brunch companions (let's call them Tin Tin and Milou) had the Starvin' Marvin' and crab cakes with spinach which went down a treat also.
We'll be heading back to Farmer Browns again. Delish!

No comments:
Post a Comment